My Dear ORKUT,
After living together for seven long years, the time has finally come for us to part ways forever and ever.. I’d like to bid goodbye to you for one last time…
Letting go off you isn’t an easy thing for I have a million reasons to hold on.. Thousand memories stringed.. 4000+ scraps in my scrapbook, 50+ fans, 200+ friends, 30+ communities, 100+ attachments and 10+ testimonials written by my buddies which will forever remain close to my heart.
Few things I leave behind with you by deleting this account are:
- Thousands of rupees shelled out jointly by Radhi n me at the internet parlour
- Hours that could well sum up to years spent at the cyber café in Vasanthnagar and Malleshwaram
- Those 1000s of senseless, yet super fun scraps from Radhi n Nis in my scrapbook
- Those crazy relationship status we used to change and make the whole world believe
- Frequently changing contents on the profile updates
- The race for having the most number of scraps
- Some wonderful friends I met here
- You gave me the basics and helped me lay a strong foundation in my people-networking
- The communities I could join where I had some serious discussions on stuff I really wanted to know
And the list will keep growing as long as a comet’s tail………
Dear Orkut, I promise not to waste too much of my time with someone else who gave you a run for your money.. You were the best, you are and you shall remain to be.. For you are a pioneer.. But, every aging leaf withers away making way for a greener one.. And so you too.. You shall be deeply missed..
Adieu to you for one last time before I delete you.. oops… I’m scrapping you..