The title of this page is inspired by the ‘Vachana sahitya tradition’ of Kannada literature during the medieval period. ‘Vachanas’ are lyrical verses composed either as part of worship or to spread social harmony. Often, these vachanas are prefixed by the name of the composer who is also the guru of the particular sect of Shaivism. In the context of ‘The lost Lander’, the name ‘HithaVachanas’ was coined by a friend during a random conversation and felt ‘at peace’ after a session of gyan :p
This page consists of two parts, the first part are quotes that are born out of my own life experiences and realisations. The second, are some inspiring travel quotes borrowed from famous personalities.
Most of the thoughts are born out of my lost landings. Some that popped out during random periods of self musings.. So keep a check on this page from time to time 😛
<09-Aug-15> If your presence can ever make a difference to someone, then it is to your mother. Neither your father, spouse, sibling nor a friend is going to spend their life wasting a tear for you. They will move on.. #HithaVachanas.
<09-Nov-15> Feeling of insecurity is man’s worst enemy. It does not let you enjoy what you have with you. #HithaVachanas
<26-Jan-16> There’s no mistake bigger than the learning. #HithaVachanas
<14-Apr-16> It’s better to let go off a thing, if it is causing you more pain by trying to hold on to it with love. #HithaVachanas
<26-Dec-16> Love is from the heart. Love is not always blind, it is sometimes interrupted by the ugly mind. #HithaVachanas
<16-Feb-17> Life is a balance of happiness and sorrows. God has given you the sorrows in the form of relatives you can’t change. And that’s exactly why he’s given YOU the option to choose your friends to balance the happiness. Choose your friends wisely! #HithaVachanas
<14-Oct-22> At the end, Nobody else but yourself will stay with you. So, start being gentle, loving and taking care of yourself. #HithaVachanas
<16-Oct-22> Whether you see a person infront of you to be happy or strong, don’t judge. A greeting and a smile at a stranger costs you nothing. But it can heal an unknown wound. #HithaVachanas
My favourite travel quotes
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
- “The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are.” – Samuel Johnson
- “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St.Augustine
- “For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Travelling, it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller” – Ibn Battuta
- “The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G. K. Chesterton
- One life just isn’t enough to see all that there is to see in Incredible India. Maybe that’s why we Indians believe in reincarnation. – Unknown
- “There is pleasure in the pathless woods. There is rapture on the lonely shore. There is society where none intrudes. By the deep sea and music in its roar. I love not man the less, but nature more.” – Lord Byron.
- “Once a year, go somewhere you have never been before.” – Dalai Lama
- “Water from the Pacific in a bottle, Sand from the Andamans in a matchbox, Leaves from the Amazon rainforests in a book. Traveling, we make our own Atlas.” – Joel Thottan
- “There are no foreign lands, it is the traveller only who is foreign”- Robert Louis Stevenson
- “At times we fit into lyrics more than we fit into life.” – Anonymous