It is the 1st day of the new year.. But, before embracing the new palette of lessons, I would like to sum up the gonebys.. The YEAR 2013- has been so much to me.. Both personally and professionally..
A brief peek into the professional part of it:
* Jan-13 is when I completed my probation term and earned a designation to call myself..
* 2013 is when my independent address to the top management, heading a supplier audit, handling a dealer audit solely and chairing an affiliate meeting all happened for the first time.
* Two good friends/ Teammates bid farewell to the organisation.
* New job roles, new team, new responsibilities- The year has been quite a roller-coaster ride.
On the travel front– the year started with a farewell to the lead planner of all our trips..
* A farewell trek up the Madhugiri hill
* The walk along the east coast searching for turtle eggs with torchlight
* Suba diving, snorkelling, sea walk et all in the deep blue waters of Andamans
* A refreshing weekend with mom in Gokak-Belgaum-Dharwad
* A farewell drive down to Avalanche-Ooty-Masinagudi
* A drive to welcome a friend to Sakleshpur-Somwarpet
* Wedding shopping in the streets of Chennai
* The Big-fat-Indian wedding bash at Delhi
* An official trip with lot of time for sightseeing at Trivandrum
* A business trip well spent amidst the traffic chaos of Mumbai
* And the climax- Awesomeness in wilderness: The Tiger census..!!
To sum up: 2013 has made up for every aspect of travel- liesure, adventure, exploration, fun, tradition & profession.
And now… the BIG CHUNK- “My personal life”
* The year in which the wedding bells chimed for 2 of my besties as they entered the next phase of their lives 🙂
* The year in which my BESTIE owned his prized possession – his 1st house 🙂
* The year in which my mommy celebrated the peak of her career with her promotion 🙂
* The year goes down in chronicles for all those innumerable overtime working hours with the wonderful memories:)
* The year gave me that special moment for lending a shoulder for a grieving friend 🙂
* The year which bestowed me with all those lovely wednesdays 🙂
* A year for facing the wrath of moral policing – shelling out fine for drunken driving at mid-night 😦
* A year in which I recklessly forgot almost ALL important birthdays..:(
* Time crunch in this year has shrunken my social circle, but thats what I want to thank the year for- time does not give everyone the opportunity so early in life to pick those few friends who will stand by you till the end.
2013 has given me more joy and less grief than any of those gone-by yester-years.. A BIG THANK YOU to the year that blessed me with love & happiness with the most wonderful people on earth until the very last moment of the year 🙂