- Sitting atop the Hemkuta hill and watching the sun casting a golden touch on the Vithala temple at Hampi, India.
- Feeling all my stress getting washed down by the waves of the blue flag beach by walking deep into the sea at Padubidri beach, India.
- Feeling the vastness and emptiness of the world while staring at the setting sun from the ‘End Of The World’ viewpoint, Saudi Arabia.
- Clapping my hands with joy at seeing the sun rising over the ruins of Hampi at Matanga hill, India.
- Waking up in a tent pitched by the backwaters and kayaking out to watch the rising sun on river Shambhavi, India.
- Hiking across an extinct volcano to watch the sun rise over the Arabian desert at Wahaba crater, Saudi Arabia.
Favorite Outdoor Activities:
Accomplishing the below outdoor activities in Karnataka that I had been contemplating for many years:
- Cliff jumping at Sanapur lake, Koppala district
- Rock climbing at Badami, Bagalkot district
- Kayaking to watch the Bioluminescent waters at Mulki, Dakshina Kannada district.
Hiked new trails, explored new waterfalls, and feasted delicious cuisines in the Western Ghats.
- Relished a variety of wild berries, took a dip at the Catherine waterfalls, and tasted Badaga cuisine while meandering through trails in the tea gardens at Kotagiri.
- Walked through the misty grasslands to see a dilapidated fortress, stood atop the snout of a waterfall at Bandaje, took a dip in Kodige waterfalls, and tasted Malnad cuisine at Chickmagalur.
- Discovered untapped hiking trails, visited lesser known view points and tried natural foods from the local tribal community and saw hills full of Arabica coffee blossoms at Yercaud.
Albeit not a movie person, 2022 was a year in which I watched the maximum number of movies at a cinema, and that too solo. Apart from catching up on some highly recommended movies on OTT platforms, I watched four movies on the big screen. These four were the regional movies whose release I had eagerly waited for and was particular about a theatrical watch only. Apart from ‘777 Charlie’ which I watched with my family; I watched three other movies in the company of just myself: Rocketry, Kantara, and Gandhadha Gudi.
Apart from these, some remarkable events made 2022 special for me.
- A trek to Kodachadri hill on New Year’s Day was truly memorable that found me socializing with more people and making newer friends.
- ‘Glen’, my pet dog who was one month old at the time of entering our home and warmed up our hearts in the first week of the new year.
- I said goodbye to my first job after serving the company for over a decade, a change that I had been long contemplating.
- Experienced a moment of realization that I was all by myself. A realization that the contacts, the people, the respect, and the inspiration I thought I had accumulated and given to people around me could all mean just ‘Zero’. A moment of realization that trusting even the people you have known for a long could be wrong. A moment of realization that the closest people could have no emotions of empathy at all.